The Isolated Children's Parents' Association (ICPA) is a voluntary, non-profit, apolitical body dedicated to ensuring that all rural and remote students have equity of access to a continuing and appropriate education.
Members are represented locally by their Branch, their State by means of State Council and Nationally by Federal Council.
ICPA advocates for families educating children from early childhood through to tertiary. Children may be educated in small rural schools, by distance education, attend boarding schools or school term hostels and sometimes have access to early childhood services. Tertiary students, whether they are attending university or training for a trade, whose family home is in rural and remote Australia frequently must live away from home to access further education.
Membership to an ICPA branch entitles you to the following:
- Entitles you to take part in branch meetings and have a say in the issues that are important to you.
- Receiving branch news.
- State and Federal conference voting rights and attendance if nominated as a delegate from your branch (associated costs are paid for by your branch or the lone's branch).
- All members receive an invitation to attend the annual State and Federal Conferences. Those attending who have not been nominated as a branch delegate will need to cover their own costs.
- Free subscription to your State newsletter and publications.
- Free subscription to the monthly Federal newsletter "Federal Branch Bulletin"
- Free subscription to the quarterly Publication "Pedals" magazines.
- A voice in your children's education.
To receive the above membership entitlements you must join or renew as an ordinary member by either logging into your profile and click on renew membership or for new members by using the join link.
If you are a Branch Life Member, State Life Member or a Federal Life Member the online payment systems can not be used to renew your membership. Your membership will be renewed manually by your Branch Treasurer.
The following membership types can only be renewed manually also. Please contact the relevant treasurer to renew as per the advice below.
ICPA Corporate Memberships.
Any body corporates who wish to further the interest of ICPA are welcome to join as an ICPA Corporate Member. The annual fee is $220 and entitles the corporate member to receive all State ICPA publications and the Federal publication "Pedals". Corporate members are not entitled to voting rights. Click here to enquire about this membership.
Friends of WA ICPA
If you wish to become a friend of ICPA, you will be able to keep in touch with recent issues and achievements in regional education through the WA Newsletter ‘Bits and Pieces’.
Friends of ICPA WA do not have voting rights, but will receive an invitation to the Annual State Conference.
Annual ‘Friends’ membership is $25, however you are welcome to make a greater contribution!
Account Name: ICPA WA Friends
BSB: 066 155 Account Number: 1031 5759
Thank you for supporting ICPA-WA
If you would like to make a donation to ICPA there are a couple of ways in which to do this.
Branch donations can also be made at the time of renewing your membership.